日本人は JR パスを購入できますか? 日本人の方々へ向けた新たなご利用資格要件


現時点で日本在住の方はJRパスの購入はできません。しかし、日本国外にお住まいの方は 2017 年 6 月 1 日以降から一定の要件を満たすことでご購入が可能となります。詳細は以下をご覧ください。

日本国外で 10 年以上在住もしくは永住している方

2017 年 6 月 1 日以降より日本国籍の方は、日本のパスポート及び在留期間が連続して 10 年以上であることを確認できる書類日本国大使館・総領事館または日本外務は外務省から得たもの)の提示が必須とされます。

日本国外での引換証の発売期間 2017年6月1日~2023年12月31日
日本国内での引換期間 2017年6月1日~2024年3月30日

新たなご利用資格要件の基で JR パス購入が可能な方とは

JR パス利用を希望される方への新しい資格要件は次の通りに変更されます。

  1. 外国人旅行者の場合:「一時訪問者」の ステータスの基、滞在が連続して最大 90 日間までの場合

2. JRパスご利用可能者

a) 日本国外のパスポート所持者

b) 日本国籍の場合: 日本国外で10年以上永住または在住されている方

3) 2017 年 6 月 1 日以降より日本国籍の方は、日本国のパスポート及び在留期間が連続して 10  年以上であることを確認できる書類(日本国大使館・総領事館または外務省から得たもの)の提示が必須とされます。


2017 年 6 月 1 日より、日本国籍の方は 10  年以上日本国外に在住又は永住している条件を満たし、次のいずれかの書類を提示していただくことで JR パスの購入が可能となります。

① 在外公館が交付する「在留届の写し」(在留届の受付日付が 10 年以上前のものに限る。

② 在外公館が発行する「在留証明」(「現住所に住所(または居所)を定めた年月日」と して、10 年以上前の年月が記載されたものに限る。)

③ なお、当面の間、特例として、「アメリカ、ブラジル、カナダに限り、在留国が発行す る永住カード(当該国に 10 年以上在留していることが記載されたものに限る。)」も確認 書類として利用できます。

※①については、一通の「在留届の写し」において、同居家族の方の在留期間が連続して 10 年以上であることが確認できれば、同居家族の方についても有効となります。

※引換証購入の時点で在留期間が 10 年に満たない小児(12 歳未満)の方については、①の 一通の「在留届の写し」において「在留期間が連続して 10 年以上である方」と同居して いることが確認でき、かつその方と一緒にジャパン・レール・パスを利用する場合、ご利 用資格を満たします。

※「在留届の写し」及び「在留証明」は、交付又は発行から6ヶ月以内のもののみ有効です。 ※確認書類のコピーでは、引換証のお買い求め及びパスへの引換はできません。

※「10 年以上」については、引換証のお買い求め時点で「10 年前の同じ月」以前のものが 有効です。 (例)2017 年 6 月 1 日に引換証購入の場合「2007 年 6 月」以前のものが有効 (2007 年 6 月1日~6 月 30 日は「2007  年 6 月」と見なし有効)

※上記①~③のいずれか1つの確認書類を提示いただけない場合は、引換証のお買い求め及 びパスへの引換はできません。

Related Posts

Related Tours & Activities

8 thoughts on “日本人は JR パスを購入できますか? 日本人の方々へ向けた新たなご利用資格要件”
  1. Hi My name is YUKI. I have been living in US since 2001, Is my US drivers license able to proof it instead of Residential Registration issued by Japansese embassy?
    If not, besides Residential registration certificate, does any other way to proof of it? (ex: showing former visa or passport?)

    1. Hi Yuki! Eligible Japanese nationals will need to have a valid Japanese passport and written proof obtained from the embassy or diplomatic representative office of Japan in the foreign country where they live. No other proof will be accepted to successfully exchange their Japan Rail Pass. Happy travels!

  2. Hello,
    I’ve lived abroad over 10 years and I’m applying for cetrificate of oversea residence in Japanese embassy in this month (Oct) as I’m traveling to Japan in early Nov. I wondered if I exchange the ticket in Nov, the certificate issue date must be in Nov or it should be fine with in Oct.

    1. Hi Saya! It will be fine. The copy of the Overseas Residential Registration and the Certificate of Overseas Residence must be stamped with the name of the issuing embassy or delegation abroad and the date of issue, which must not exceed 6 months prior to the date of purchase of the Exchange Order. If the date of issue is not prior to the purchase date (JRPASS issue date), the exchange will not take place. Please check our Eligibility section for further detail. Happy travels!

  3. I have the same problem as above, can you please give the responsible department contact detail of the Japan railways ? The email, tel etc. thank you

    1. Hi Kumiko! Rules have been set directly by the JR Group. We recommend you to check all the requirements for Japanese citizens here, unfortunately if you are not eligible you won’t be able to exchange your pass upon arrival at Japan. Happy travels!

  4. URGENT ATTENTION REQUIRED (Japanese is fine): I just want to make it clear: I am Japanese citizen but living abroad since April 2001 (more than 16 years) but lived three different countries, Switzerland (5 years), Austria (3 years) and USA (8 years)without returning to Japan. So this fulfills the condition of “10 years of uninterrupted stay in overseas.” I registered my residence at the Japaneses Consulates . To purchase the Japan Rail Pass, we need to provide a certificate of 10 YEARS OF RESIDENCE CERTIFICATE BY ONE CONSULATE- which is impossible for us to do even though we have more then 16 years of uninterrupted overseas stay. I have consulted with the Consulate in New York and they said that Consulates were able to provide the certificate only for current residents, not former residents who reside in other countries or cities. This is very undue difficulties for residents like us. The Consulate suggested us to contact with Japan Railways if other evidences (like our VISA, or mails to the former address) can be accepted in addition to the certificate from the Consulate. We have purchased the pass and will be arriving in Tokyo on 18 November 2017 thus the urgent reply is needed.

    1. Hi Miki!

      You will find all the details on acceptable written proof in our Eligibility dedicated page, but basically what you can provide is:

      1. Copy of your Overseas Residential Registration issued by the embassy or legation of Japan in the foreign country where you live (limited to an Overseas Residential Registration with a date of acceptance at least 10 years earlier).
      2. Certificate of Overseas Residence issued by the embassy or legation of Japan in the foreign country where you live (limited to a Certificate of Overseas Residence with a date at least 10 years earlier as the date on which your address (or place of temporary residence) was established as your present address).
      3. As a special case limited to the USA, Brazil, and Canada, the Permanent Resident Card issued by these 3 countries can be used as written proof until further notice (limited to a Permanent Resident Card confirming your stay in the relevant country for 10 years or more).

      We would also recommend you to contact Japan Railways directly, however if you are unable to provide any of this you shouldn’t be able to exchange your pass.

      Happy travels!

Comments are closed.