Effective date: 11/01/2023.
What Does Personal Data Mean?
Who is your personal data controller?
, a private company under the laws and regulations of Spain, with VAT number and its registered address at , will be the controller of the personal data that we collect, use and process from you when you browse our website, you request our products and/or you contact us for any reason, among others.
Our website may contain icons and/or links to redirect you to websites of third parties that give you access to functionalities and/or services such as to following us on our social media channels and/or sharing content on yours.
In this sense, please note that these third party websites are not operated by us, so we can not assume any responsibility for the information and content provided on them and/or the correct provision of the functionalities and/or services offered by these third parties, since we have no control over this.
When do we collect your personal data?
The personal data we collect from and about you is as follows:
- Direct interactions: when you complete the forms on our website to request our products and/or when you contact us by post, telephone, or email for further information about our products and/or about us.
- Payment data: We will only request your credit or debit card information during the payment process of our products. The captured data will be sent securely to our certified payment service providers for the authorization of the transaction. In no case we visualize or access the complete data of your credit or debit card. We will never ask for your credit or debit card details by email, phone calls or any other unauthorized channel. It is the customer’s responsibility not to enter, provide or send his/her card information through channels not authorized by the company.
In order to be able to properly attend and manage your product’s request and/or answer your queries, you must provide us with accurate, updated and complete information. We will not assume any type of responsibility for circumstances that are beyond our reasonable control, such as being provided with erroneous, incomplete and/or fraudulent information from you as a user.
If you provide us with personal data of third parties, you confirm that you have informed them about the purposes for which their personal data will be processed and you guarantee us that you have obtained their prior and express consent to communicate us their personal data.
If you provide us with personal data of minors, meaning individuals under fourteen (14) years old, you confirm and guarantee to us that you have parental authority to do so or you are their legal guardian.
What do we use your personal data for?
Your personal data are processed for the following purposes:
- To properly address your informational request or queries about us and/or our products;
- To provide you with the requested products and to send you up-to-date information and/or operational communications regarding the status of your order and/or the status of our services;
- For administrative purposes related to the process and management of the product’s orders and its delivery, verification of your payment information, accountancy and billing tasks;
- To send you information, through electronic means, about products similar to those you have ordered, unless you object the processing of your personal data for this purpose;
- To send you newsletters if you have given your consent;
- To improve your user experience on our website, improve our products and customer support by analyzing you and other customers use of our website and/or your communications with us;
- To comply with our legal obligations and/or to respond to judicial or police requirements;
- To carry out periodic checks against fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity on/or through our website.
In all cases, we only collect personal data which is strictly necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes described above, not providing this information could result in the inability to complete your product order and/or its delivery and/or to adequately address your informational requests, etc.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
We only process your personal data when there is a legal basis for doing so. The legal basis will depend on the reason we collect and process your personal data. In almost all cases the legal basis will be:
- The consent that you provided us with for the processing of your personal data in connection to the purposes informed at the time of collection of your data (i.e. to receive the requested information or to sign up for a newsletter).
- To fulfill the contract with you, means, to manage your order and provide you with the ordered product and/or process your informational request.
- For compliance with our legal obligations and/or to attend to judicial or police requirements.
- Our legitimate interest regarding (i) administrative purposes (ii) credit cards and other methods of payments verifications, (iii) address possible claims regarding our services, (iv) sending commercial communications about our products which are identical or similar to those you have previously ordered, (v) enhancing the user experience when you use this website and to operate it efficiently, (vi) enhance our products offers, (vii) monitor fraudulent activity in order to preserve the security and integrity of our website. Our legitimate interest will only be applied provided that your interests and fundamental rights do not prevail.
All the electronic commercial communications include an unsubscribe link, so you can object to receiving it at any time. We will try to process your unsubscription request immediately, but sometimes this process may take a number of days to become effective, during this period you may still receive our communications.
Please be informed that if you contact our Customer Service via telephone, your phone call will be recorded for security purposes and to improve the quality of the telephone service, this being a standard practice in many companies. You will be informed in advance that your call will be recorded and you will also have access to the information on how the Company processes the personal data you will be required to provide during the call to verify your identity as a Customer and the subscription plan you have contracted in order to properly attend to your request. Please be informed that your call will only be recorded if you give us your express consent for it, which will be understood to be granted if you do not hang up and wait to be attended to by an agent from the Customer Service team. If you do not want to be recorded, then you must hang up and not continue with your call and contact our Customer Service by email email@example.com.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will process your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which they were collected and, beyond that, your personal data will be retained, duly blocked, for the necessary period we need to keep them. For example, it will be kept for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations and/or address possible claims related to the products sold; to finish the investigation of a fraudulent or illicit activity detected; to retain the Cookies' information providing that you do not revoke its consent, etc. Once the necessary retention period has ended, your personal data will be securely deleted from our information systems.
Furthermore, if you have provided us with your consent to process your personal data for specific purposes, note that you can withdraw said consent at any time. Upon receiving your withdrawal request, we will proceed to delete your personal data.
With Whom Do We Share Personal Data?
The Company, as an official vendor of Japan Rail Pass, will communicate the personal data of customers that has purchased this product to Nippon Travel Agency Co, Ltd., which is the distributor of Japan Rail Pass on behalf of Japan Railways, for the issuance of the Japan Rail Pass ticket in the Japan Rail Exchanges Offices.
For all Products, we also may communicate your personal data to the following third parties, including but not limited to:
- credit/debit card companies to process payments and (when necessary) carry out fraud controls;
- courier service providers to delivery the products requested by you;
- technology service providers which host our information systems and/or or that offer us tools or technological support;
- complying with our legal obligations;
- administrative, judicial and/or police authorities in response to requirements, as long as they are required in accordance with the applicable law and regulations;
- law firms responding to claims regarding the products sold and/or to protect our legitimate interests.
The third parties mentioned above may have their headquarters outside the country of your residence involve an international transfer of personal data. In this regard, we inform you that we only transfer personal data to recipients located in countries that offer a level of personal data protection comparable to the laws and regulations of data protection of European countries or, failing that, we will apply the appropriate safeguards required by the current applicable law and regulations on the protection of personal data, in order to ensure the privacy and security of your personal data and that your individual rights and freedoms are guaranteed.
How do we protect your personal data?
Your personal data is securely stored securely in our information systems and we have established the technical and organizational measures in order to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of your personal data and to protect it against unauthorized or unlawful processing and/or accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Likewise, we have taken reasonable measures to guarantee that all our staff, as well as the suppliers or collaborators with access to your personal data, have received adequate training regarding the processing of the personal data collected.
Although we will do our best to guarantee the protection of your personal data transmitted through our website and/or that you may provide us by others means such as email or phone, please bear in mind that you should also take precautions to keep safe your personal data such as e.g you must not enter or confirm bank details by means of fake messages and/or websites.
What Rights Do You Have and How Can You Exercise Them?
You may, with any cost, exercise your rights of: access, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, to object, as well as the right to the portability of your personal data, by a written request addressed to Us, sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone, or by post to .
You may modify the “privacy settings” of your web browser to set up tracking cookies at any time. Also, you can install programs or add-ons to your browser, known as “Do Not Track” tools, which will allow you to choose the Cookies you want to allow.
For security reasons and when we consider it necessary, we may request a copy of a document proving your identity before proceeding to address your data protection right request.
Your data protection right request will be responded to within one (1) month; but occasionally, this period may be extended by two (2) further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and/or number of requests you may have made. In this case, we will notify you of such an extension together with the reasons for the delay.
When you consider it appropriate, you have the right to file a claim with the competent Data Protection Authority, such as e.g when you consider that your data protection rights have not been adequately addressed.
We may update this Cookies Policy according to new or legislative or jurisprudential requirements and/or business needs, among others. Therefore, the User is recommended to review this policy regularly.
What are Cookies and what are they used for?
“Cookies” are small files that are installed on the hard disk or in the browser of your computer or mobile device with different purposes such as to adapt the Website’s format according to the device used by you; to collect statistical information about our Website; to facilitate your navigation on this Website; to customize the products offered on this Website; to facilitate the reproduction and display of multimedia content, among others.
The memorized data recorded by cookies takes up a small space on a device’s memory and does not harm the device in anyway.
When do we install cookies?
Accessing and/or browsing this Website and/or purchasing the products offered therein implies that cookies can be installed, which may be session or persistent cookies, and our own or those of 3 parties.
- Session cookies: are those that are automatically removed when closing the browser of your device.
- Persistent cookies: are those that remain installed for a certain time in the browser of your device.
- Owned cookies: are those that are sent to the user’s device from our computer equipment or this Website, managed by us, and whose information is collected for our own purposes.
- Third-party cookies: are those that are sent to the user’s device from a computer equipment or Website managed by another company (service providers we have contracted for this purpose) and whose information can be collected for our own purposes and/or to manage and improve the services that these third-party companies offer (e.g links to social networks that allow us to share our content).
To install cookies in your device’s browser, we need your express consent, although there are other cookies that are exempt from such consent. The exempt cookies are:
- User Login Cookies
- User authentication or identification cookies (session cookies only)
- User Security Cookies
- Multimedia player session cookies
- Session cookies to balance the load
- Cookies to customize the user interface
- Some add-on cookies (plug-in) to exchange social content
We have enabled adequate mechanisms to obtain your consent for the installation of cookies that require it. However, please be informed that, in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations, (i) it will be understood that your consent has been given if you modify the configuration of the browser by disabling the restrictions that prevent the installation of cookies and (ii) when the installation of cookies is necessary to provide you with a service offered on our Website that you have expressly requested, your consent will not be necessary.
The use of third-party cookies is subject to the Cookies and Privacy Policies of these 3 parties. Therefore, you must consult the websites of said 3 parties to obtain more information or if you want to change your preferences for setting these cookies. We will not be held responsible for the content or the veracity of the aforementioned policies of said 3 parties.
The following types of cookies can be installed in your browser:
- Technical: cookies that allow the management and operation of our Website and enable its functions and services, for example, to remember the products on your order, to carry out the purchase process and manage payment, or to share content through social networks, etc.
- Personalization: cookies that allow you to remember information so that you access our Website with certain characteristics that can differentiate your user experience from that of others, for example, your language, the appearance of the website depending on the type of your browser, or the region from which you access the website, etc.
- Analytical: cookies that allow us to analyze the use you make of our Website and to recognize which information and/or products interest you the most, in order to improve the quality of our services and products.
- Advertisement: cookies that allow us to improve the efficiency of the advertisements of our Website.
|Only During The Session
|Google Universal Analytics
|From 30 Seconds To 1 Year
|Google Universal Analytics
|Google Universal Analytics
You can, at any time, revoke the consent given for the installation of this Website’s cookies, by configuring the settings of the browser of your computer or mobile device. The instructions about how to manage or delete cookies for the most common browsers can be found at the following links:
You can also configure the browser of your computer or mobile device to accept or reject all cookies by default, or to be notified of the receipt of cookies and to decide each time whether or not to allow the installation of the same.
Moreover, you can activate the following options in order to limit the scope of the cookies installed or their operation:
- private browsing, through which your browser stops saving browsing history, website passwords, cookies, and other information of the pages you visit, or
- the non-tracking function, by which the browser asks the websites you visit not to track your browsing habits, for example, to serve advertisements of your interest in the sites you visit.
How can you reach us?