Your JR tickets Just a click away

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the "Temporary Visitor" entry status?

If you wish to visit Japan for leisure or touristic purposes you will be granted entry under a "Temporary Visitor" status. This status allows visitors to remain in Japan from 15 to 90 consecutive days. A border control officer will grant arrivals who apply for "Stay for sightseeing" when entering Japan a "Temporary Visitor" stamp.

The stamp will be placed in your passport. Your international stamped travel document will be required at the Japan Rail Pass Exchange Office. The stamp, your passport, and the Exchange Order (JR voucher you receive by post) are the 3 documents that you must have with you when making the Exchange Order. No photocopies, emails, photos, etc. will be accepted. Only original documents.