Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) FAQ

Can I purchase the JR Pass if I have dual citizenship?

Citizens with dual nationality must enter Japan with their Japanese passport. They must therefore meet the requirements defined for Japanese citizens.

They can benefit from the Japan Rail Pass if they have been living outside Japan for at least 10 years and can provide proof issued by the Japanese embassy or consulate in their country of residence.

Note: If you are entering Japan for purposes other than tourism or leisure, you will not be able to exchange your voucher for a Japan Rail Pass.